|3 Queens in Southampton|
Both Queen Mary 2 and sister ship Queen Elizabeth were in Southampton together on 10 January 2015. British actress Celia Imrie was aboard Queen Mary 2 while Kate Adie, former chief news correspondent for the BBC, was aboard Queen Elizabeth.
Celebrations will continue throughout the year on all three vessels including:
- Gala dinners with souvenir menus on cruises of more than four nights
- "Black, Red and Gold" themed Balls in the Queens Room aboard each ship
- 175th themed commemorative drinks, from special blends of wine to craft beers, plus 175th themed cakes and deserts at afternoon tea and formal dinners.
- Themed entertainment, including 175th anniversary quizzes and the quirky side of Cunard's history presented by the RADA theatre group travelling aboard Queen Mary 2's transatlantic crossings
- Specially created 175th merchandise, from collectible posters to teddy bears and polo shirts to cufflinks and 18 carat Clogue gold jewellery
- Mail posted on board with be over-stamped with the 175th anniversary logo
- In cabin stationery – postcards, writing paper and envelopes – will display the 175th anniversary logo
As part of the celebrations Cunard have also released a short animated video chronicling the line's 175 years of service.
(Photo credit to Cunard Line)